Wanderer of Wonders

If you could sing some lullabyes for me during night and day, and then catch me when I need your arms the most; then perhaps I could visit your dreams till like eternity. Just so i can smell your presence, and please say you'd let me to.

Monday, April 28, 2008

'was talking to Mark the other day when he sent me this one poem I shared with him a few years ago (3 years if I'm not mistaken). I usually don't keep much of my poems specially if I just dedicate one to another person. Luckily, he saves most of the poems I share with him, so sometimes he sends me back some, especially if things are not going well between us. I think he knows what I meant here, and he's just goddam scared again to admit it. Ya' know, the "scare me away" line and all that.

Anyway, here's the poem he sent me back.


Today’s Yesterday....

And it is this day that I wake up

Tori Amos loudly disturbing my ears

My eyes are too magnetized for Pablo Neruda

I remember what happened yesterday,

there are empty cans of previously cold drinks,

there are ashes scattered on the floor,

pillows are all around,

I wonder why,

Not an enviable sight for anyone to witness.

A vivid recall of a day that lapsed,

I tried to scream at the top of my lungs,

But I found myself slowly collapsing in this room,

I know I cried so loud last night,

shame on me,

I’m too old for that.

believe me,

I have tried so hard to be as frigid as I can be,

but this restless mind,

this broken heart,

this longing body,

this craziness in me,

All have consented this one action,

Though I’m unable to fathom this so long mystery,

I should welcome you now, my secret dream.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home