Wanderer of Wonders

If you could sing some lullabyes for me during night and day, and then catch me when I need your arms the most; then perhaps I could visit your dreams till like eternity. Just so i can smell your presence, and please say you'd let me to.

Thursday, March 16, 2006

Saturday, January 21, 2006


a night at Ortigas national bookstore....

(written last wednesday,january 19, 2006)
It was past 6pm, hours earlier to go to work. Went to bookstore, the only place I love in a mall. I felt sad how the national bookstore looks like today. Books are few, and so expensive, like as if telling you poor fellows have no access to read books. Inside this bookstore are some office supplies and grocery items. And books are placed in a small section. What happens to our wisdom?
After realizing that I can’t afford any of those I’ve like which I haven’t read yet, I went out (I had stayed for an hour inside, hiding constantly from the employees cuz I got engrossed w/ 3 books, one is about Oprah’s thoughts). So, I walked around again, the usual scenario. Robinson’s might be a good place to walk around for the others, but not for me. I had chosen to spend more minutes walking outside. Ortigas is a busy place. At past 7pm, you see people everywhere. Only few are sitting, probably waiting for their turn to work, and most are walking fast. Either to get home in time for their favorite telenovela, or some are just scared to be late from their night job.
Despite what the others say, it’s fun at times to be alone. You see, I’m so much enjoying to watch and study people. The streets, the parks, are my world, and the people are my silent toys. When you’re alone, you get to understand people wider and deeper. You get to know and appreciate (or not at all) them in a most secluded area of your heart and knowledge. I pity those who can’t stop and pay attention for this. Boy, it is so much good and bad to be with these fellas from all walks of life.
Hmmm, just went straight to my office. So much for thinking for tonight, I’ll spend another with them tomorrow. Can’t be late from office. See yah!
posted by LIZT @ 3:32 AM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home