Wanderer of Wonders

If you could sing some lullabyes for me during night and day, and then catch me when I need your arms the most; then perhaps I could visit your dreams till like eternity. Just so i can smell your presence, and please say you'd let me to.

Thursday, January 04, 2007

My plan of course work


Now what! It's 11:57 in my 'puter. I think I should really be discussing my future plans here. Well, I've been encountering good readings so far. I have started reading about the history of communication where the book tackles about the combined theories of the three great intellectuals of the 19th century, Marx, Freud, and Darwin.


Reading the book guides me somehow in my plan of course work. I didn't know that there exist such thing as the Frankfurt school where they can combine the theories of the 3 thinkers. Well, yeah, some of Darwin's theory of evolution was used by Marx in explaining the "withering away" of the state, "the survival of the fittest" among the different states in the world. And the most amazing part is how these things can be explained by the psycho analytical theory of Freud, where, uhm, it mentions in some parts of the books that the people (like Marx) are being encouraged to join the Nationalist movements because of the psychological, personal, emotional deprivation of these people. Uhm, well (again, hehe:P) they have some good points here. So, now I have started formulating in my mind the course of my studies. The real problem now is to decide what my cognate course would be.

I think I'm not really gonna enroll to UP Diliman the next sem. I'm not sure yet, it's really exhausting if I will have to live in Diliman for a sem. Imagine the difficulty of transporting all my belongings again to Manila, imagine the food I'm gonna eat again there, imagine my financial constraint too, it will be superbly expensive to take masteral in UPD. But the origin of these stupid thoughts is the thing that I've learned from the UPLB Pol Sci prof (who by the way used to be my prof in my undergrad AB Political Science degree) that last sem there were 22 students who took up the comprehensive exam, and no one passed.... :( I cannot just ignore this, I cannot just waste years in my masteral studies, knowing that in the end, I might not get a degree after all. I'm really scared, I'm not getting any younger, and I also want to finish my LAW study once I get a Masteral degree. If I have the money, I think I can risk more, but I'm not gonna risk this much when I'm this broke now.

hah! so much has to be said, but I feel too frustrated now. By the way, these plans are subject to change. Marriage will be more important, and please don't tell me it's not. Who are u to tell me that I'm gonna break a good future if I will have to marry. oh well, blog again later. till then, bloggie:D

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home